Every year I think I can do more than I did the year before. Usually after I have reviewed just how little I have done over the year. There is so much that I would like to do that I forget all the other things that could slow down this process – such as illness, children, the day job, the cat laying across the keyboard…the list is endless.
Nevertheless, I have I developed another ambitious list of what I would like to achieve in 2019. I’ve scribbled over a calendar, added up hours available, determined the number of words and pages I can type or edit inset period of time. To help facilitate this insanity, I have also booked all my covers for next year.
Ok, you are already starting to think that I can’t do this, given my own language use of “crazy” and “insane”, and you haven’t even made it to the goal list yet. Despite the language, I am oddly confident that I can do this.
So, let’s get to my writing goals for 2019:
- Raven Crown Series Book 3 – Raven’s Edge – Publish in February
- Raven Crown Series Box Set – Publish in March
- New series – The Hidden Princess (working title)– Publish all three books before the end of the year.
- The Mark of Oldra sequel (no name yet) – Ready for readers by the end of the year.
- The Legend of Iski Flare series – complete and publish remainder of series (episodes eight, nine and ten) before the end of the year.
- Next series (undecided as to which this will be) start drafting at least first book before end of the year.
- Continue monthly newsletter
- Blog occasionally (at least once a quarter)
There is a lot there. Some of this is ready to go and some of the new work has more defined deadlines set, but the timelines are tight and I’m not ready to share yet.
I have at least 2 more series ideas that have been rattling around for a while, but I’m not sure which one to start next. I’m hoping to make this decision before I get to the point I want to start writing.
This is a lot and I’ve got some clear plans for when I’m working on each. Each year I’m more determined to reach my ultimate goal – to write full time. I’m still a long way from that, but the more books I have out in the world, the closer I am to that goal.