I have become a planning machine, because I like things to go to plan, not that they do, but I like to pretend it is a possibility.
Recently I shared my review of 2019, where I talked about what a great year 2019 turned out to be.
This year is going to be even bigger. Firstly I have a significant birthday and I’m not hiding from it for the first time ever – although it ends in a 5 rather than a 0 so it isn’t quite so scary. Secondly, this is the year I hope to finally start making some money from my writing and be able to take the time to write more – because there are so many stories in my head, and not enough time to write them.
Here is the plan for 2020:
- Publish the remaining episodes of the Iski Flare Series – that is 8, 9 and 10 and put out a second box set.
- Publish The Heart of Oldra (The Mark of Oldra, Book 2) which has been a very long time in the thinking.
- Finish drafting and publish the first three books of the new series (and draft the next couple of books ready for 2021).
- Plan (I mean - get a clear idea of what I would like to do, before the characters take over) the next couple of series (which are linked to each other, maybe, if I don’t come up with another idea in the meantime). I did mention that I get lots of ideas, didn’t I?
- I will continue with the regular newsletters (two a month).
- I would like to interact more with people on social media – I’m going to start by posting more frequently.
- And I have upped my reading challenge for this year. I got a bit lazy last year and could have read far more than I did (again, too much Korean drama).
These plans are all marked out on the calendar – what I’m writing or editing on any given day, along with set dates to send to the editor, and publishing dates. I have a scheduled the covers for a couple of months before release dates so that I can share them sooner and get the pre-orders up as soon as possible.
If I could do it in 2019, I can do it again. All I need is for Iski to behave. You would think a faery tale hero would be a bit easier to get along with – who knew?!
The first release for 2020 will be The Heart of Oldra in February. I will share the cover and brief excerpt on my blog later this month. If there is something particular you would like me to share, put it in the comments, or send an email to georgina[at]theflowofink.com